It’s summer and it’s time to think about summer activities and vacations. If one of these activities is a trip to the beach, have you decided which beach to choose? We understand that you want to make sure that the selected beach has the ideal weather, right?
In order to help you decide which beach to visit, we rounded up 5 of the best gay friendly beaches in different locations, so look around and find the best fit for your vacations.
1. Okay, so let’s start with Elia beach in Mykonos- Greece. Mykonos is a great escape no matter which month you choose to you visit — and it’s always extremely gay. But be aware that Mykonos becomes dramatically less busy and even more dramatically less gay outside its high season, which runs from approximately the end of May until the end of August. Elia Beach located on the south coast about 12km distant from Mykonos Town although is it still accessible by bus or water taxi from Platys Gialos beach.
Continuing about Elia beach, it is a lovely long sandy beach on the South Coast of Mykonos and there are plenty of tavernas to drop into for a cool drink and a bite. If you just want to relax in the sun, you can do that too as there are umbrellas and sun lounges provided and these places are not crowded with people too much as at some of the other beaches. Despite some hotels, Elia has maintained a very calm and relaxing atmosphere.The majority of gay sun-worshippers gather on the far right side of the beach, where you’ll also see a few nudists, whereas the left side has recently become more popular with the straight crowd. All in all you must visit and see it.
2. Very quickly and clearly about Calvallet beach in Ibiza- Spain. Es Cavallet seems to be the main Gay beach on the island and is very popular with the gay crowd. Surrounded by dunes and forests, deeper water and usually windier. Es Cavallet starts as a regular mixed nudist beach which turns into the gay beach towards the end. There are two ways of getting to the beach. Drive – car parking can be a problem in high season so don’t arrive too late. Take a bus from Ibiza town. All you need to do is just to pack up your things and and explore this beautiful area.
3. Hilton beach, Tel Aviv- Israel. Gay rights in Israel are the most developed in the Middle East and the gay scene in Tel Aviv is fully out in the open. There is no gay village as the scene is embedded into the city’s culture with gay venues scattered all over town. Hilton beach is surprisingly open-minded beach, this is a spot where gay men have been swimming and sunbathing for years. The main gay area is north of the Hilton Hotel, right off Independence Park, opposite the eagle statue on the top of the cliff. The beach gets very crowded, especially at weekends. Honestly? What do you think about Hilton beach holidays this summer?
4. Another beach in Playa De la Bassa Rodona, Spain would be Sitges. Sitges’ beaches once seemed to be almost exclusively gay, but today they’re a gay-straight mix, although gay men are clearly the majority during the warmer months. You will find gay sun bathers on every beach along Sitges promenade. However, Playa de la Bassa is the most popular beach. To reach this beach from the town, walk along the promenade to the third beach zone, just past the Hotel Calipolis. Holidays in there could be like a fairy tale, right?
5. Plage de Pampelonne – Coco Beach, St-Tropez, France. The beaches on the French Riviera are known throughout the world as the hottest and most glamorous places to tan. Saint Tropez, a beautiful and famed destination on the French Rivera, is surrounded by endless white sandy beaches which offers vacationers a bright and sunny climate. St-Tropez’s has a 5mile stretch of white sand. A galaxy of stars have bronzed their busts and butts to perfection on this beach, and the mega-wealthy and – famous continue reserving places in the exclusive beach clubs. The beaches of Pampelonne also include the relaxing nudist sections, such as Liberty, Neptune and L’Escalet, and gay friendly beaches including Coco Beach, Nikki Beach and Plage de l’Acqua.Coco Beach is right in the middle of Pampelonne, and is a St tropez Beach Club popular with the gay community. Lots of fun and great dj’s, a good provencale lunch awaits and blue and white beach beds. Really impressive place, do you agree?
Most impressive beaches are waiting for you, what are you waiting for? Let this summer be the summer of soft sands, clear waters, beautiful people and great beach bars…